Friday, April 6, 2012

Our Minds and Our Little Voices

Okay, so a while ago Nikki and I were talking about our little voices in our heads. We learned a few things like one, Nikki's voices are evil and want to take over the world, while mine are always there just to stop Nikki's little voices and keep the world safe. We will both explain how our characters live in our minds. Why? Because we haven't posted anything lately and because I'm curious to see how we would both explain our little voice's living areas. But mainly because we need to post something. Me first.

Skyres's little voice's living area;

Aside from the evil and good voices in our heads we also have voices of our characters from the stories we write. The way my little voices live is in a town setting. But at the corners and center of my mind are just blank spaces where the characters go when they need to either annoy me or annoy each other to great lengths. Usually groups of people will gather in these corners. Here is the normal day break down:

In the upper right corner there is usually Ashley with Heron who is in a cage at Ashley's total mercy. In the left upper corner are usually any children of any of my characters just hope. The upper left corner is also where characters go to get heard if they want me to write something about them.

The bottom right corner is usually where the people from Underground hang out(read my blog to find out who they are) and another popular place where characters go to be heard. The bottom left corner is where all family issues go. Anyone who has a problem with either their soulmate or another family member goes there to issue their thoughts. Right now all the Goldens but Jon are there hating on me because of one of Nikki's characters.


I know who you're talking about, and she does have some redeeming qualities, I swear! I just can't think of any right now. (Really can't think of any redeeming qualities of one of your ex-favorite characters?) Well she did kill Keirlan single handedly.

Finally there's no man's land. This strip of land is dedicated to all of my completely and utterly insane characters to live. As of this moment only one character lives here and her name is S. She normally is not aloud to leave no man's land without Morgan with her but she likes breaking the rules (or as she calls it bending the rules) and is found walking into other homes asking weird questions about some murder case no one has heard of.


Well, that was... interesting. Okay, here's mine:

My characters aren't as lucky as Skyres's, because mine all live in a hotel. It's a very nice hotel though. There's also a beach and a forest, and I have some blank spaces too.

Most of my characters spend about 75% of their time partying. They have a lot of beach parties. The guys enjoy showing off, even though some of them won't admit it. The girls like to blast music and play in the water. If they're not partying on the beach they're at some nightclub dancing and having fun. (So they're still partying even when they're not at the beach) (Yeah, pretty much)


When they're not partying they all just kinda do their own thing. Celeste likes to sit on the beach and draw. Heron is either annoying someone or jamming on his guitar, sometimes both at the same time. And every now and then he threatens to jump off the roof of the hotel just to freak me out (No Heron, don't do it... if you want to die at least let Ashley do it for you.). The Fringe crew basically just stays locked in their room all the time (So basically they're all being paranoid aliens). They don't play well with others. A lot of the vampires like to hang out in the forest.

Sometimes a few of Skyres's characters will appear to visit their friends. I'm pretty sure there's some kind of portal or something running between my mind and Sky's.

That explains so much. No wonder S thinks Celeste is a killer and why some of my characters complain to me that someone is living in their house when they're not supposed to.

If one of my characters wants me to pay attention to them or write a scene, they go to the blank space and scream until I hear them. That's how I get most of my ideas.

Very similar to the way my characters get me to write about them.

Bye everyone
~Skyres

Laterz!
~Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment